So I was trying to create a web page based on responsive web design. It worked as expect3rd on most browsers, until I tested it on a nokia lumia 800 running WP7 with presumably IE9 mobile. It still looked like it was on a desktop. To fixed it, I added the following meta data to the page header.
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black">